Focuz is an EMS & ODM Manufacturing Service Provider based in Bangkok/Thailand with 6,200 square metresof manufacturing area and 535 employees
Focuz provides advanced manufacturing services with extensive experience in hybrid electronic packaging (COB) and packaging of precision opto-electronic devices and modules for OEM in Optical Communication, Biomedical & Healthcare, and Industrial sectors. Focuz’s manufacturing capabilities include wafer dicing, ultra-precision die bonding, wire bonding, optical alignment and attachment, hermetic sealing, burn-in, functional test, SMT, and fiber cable assembly, etc. The products currently in production include
- assemblies of industrial Light Sensors,
- Image Sensor packaging for machine vision (Line Scanner) and medical applications,
- VCSEL Lighting and Optic Assembly for dental application,
- Optical Amplifiers, 100Gbit Optical Transceivers including TOSA/ROSA assemblies, and Active Optical Cable (AOC) for optical data communication industry,
- Optical HDMI, Display Port and Optical USB for consumer application, and
- Solar Panel and its PCBA for clean energy application.
FOCUZ is currently serving customers in Europe, North America, Asia as well as Australia and Japan.
Their core competences are: Hybrid Assemblies and Packaging (Laser, Photodiodes, Image sensors, MEMS), Fiber Optic patch cords production
(FC, LC, SC, E200, MTP/MPO, Prizm) and Optical Assemblies (Passive Components, Amplifiers, Transceivers). Focuz is certified for ISO 13485, ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
with all clean room manufacturing areas with ESD control. Focuz also offers dedicated production lines with the highest IP protection. www.focuz-mfg.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jose Pozo is Director of Technology and Innovation at EPIC (European Photonics Industry Consortium). He has a 14 year background in photonics technology
and marketing and is a member of a large network within the industrial and academic photonics landscape. Jose is a member of the board of the IEEE Photonics Society
Benelux. He holds a PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom and an MSc and BEng in Telecom Engineering from Spain/Belgium.